My new camera

Friday, May 1, 2015

Just so happens to be a film camera!
If you're friends with me/follow me on social media then you've already seen it. I also mentioned it briefly on my Monday Must Haves last week!
I am in love with this thing. I took it to Christie DuPree the night I got it to make sure it worked. Unfortunately I don't know anyone else in Tyler that is into using film cameras or knows anything about them so luckily she was nice enough to check it out for me.
Turns out it did work! (As far as I know)
I just needed a new battery and to add film. I'm still pretty nervous to develop the frames, I'm not 100% sure I know what I'm doing but I read the entire manual and I've been doing tons of research. I really do love learning about it though. 
I looked the camera up a few different places online before searching for one in my area and from what I saw, I got this thing for a steal
It came with the body, a 50mm lens, a 2x zoom, a lens filter, a strap, and a bag with some cleaning equipment.
Going from a camera that has about 10 buttons to this, was actually confusing. I've never used a film camera unless a disposable counts.
The flash surprisingly worked as well! It did make some very concerning pop noise when left on for a while though. But it did the job.

I don't really see myself using the 2x zoom right now. When I first got the camera I didn't even know it was on there. I just knew my 50mm looked a lot longer than my 50mm on my DSLR hahaha.
This lens right here isn't mine, it's Jose's cousins but he's letting me borrow it cos he doesn't have a film camera. He actually didn't even know it was a film lens. It's incredibly big and I can't imagine what you would even need it for. 


If anyone has any tips or tricks to help with taking a crisp photo- I'm taking advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment