Developing film for the first time!

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

So, as you guys saw in my previous post here, I got a new film camera! I've been messing with it here and there. Well, I honestly didn't realize (this is going to make me seem like an idiot) that you are supposed to change the ASA dial, which is for exposure. It's honestly one of the dumbest moments I've had in a while, why was I expecting it to be automatic?? Hahaha. Anyways, I had it set to 400 cos that's what the film is. So some photos came out okay, and others..not so much. Oh well! I was shocked for the most part that you could see any of my photos!

Here are the photos that made the cut-I was going to edit them, but I wanted you to see what they look like 100% untouched. I scanned them onto my computer using my Canon Pixma MX452!

I love the feeling of physically holding my photos. This one is blurry and the exposure isn't the best-but this day will forever be a favorite.
 I'm also incredibly stoked that my camera even works hahah, cos until now, I've been pretty unsure!
You can't see very much in the photo above, but its from a picnic my family and I went on. Olivia threw up on her clothes so I had to put my top on her (which is why its tied in the back) and wear a different one.
I'm really happy with this photo! 
This one is obviously from getting pho.
Last one from the museum, I absolutely loved this exhibit.
Just kidding! This one was taken from the museum window.
I know Jose took the one of me, but I can't remember if I took the one of Olivia or if he did. 


Don't laugh too hard at how terrible these came out-I'm sorta proud of them! It could have been a lot worse hahah. I've already taken 4 on my new roll with the ASA set to 400 but now that I know better, the next 20 should be in better condition, I can't wait to share them with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment