What inspires me?

Thursday, October 9, 2014

I get inspired from nearly everything around me. I think the most inspiration comes from other bloggers. One can post something as simple as a picture of a candle and tea. Those seem to go hand-in-hand. I currently have my eucalyptus spearmint candle form Bath & Body works burning. Its part of the aromatherapy collection. Stress relief to be exact.

I get decoration inspiration if someone posts a picture of their desk setup. Or their living room. I love to see how people organize their things. Then I like to imagine what I would change if those things belonged to me. It actually inspires me to clean my house and rearrange. Whether I do it or not is a different story though. ;)

I get style inspiration from Instagram mostly. I know that a lot of people like to shy away from whatever is "trendy", but why? Is it to be different? Or because you really don't like the trend? The things that I've seen become trendy lately have actually been pretty cute. But that's my own personal opinion.

I get writing inspiration from other bloggers like I said. After I read a post, it always makes me realize how passionate I was about writing and how bad I wanted to do it. I guess that's why I've picked this up.

I have this friend, Carrie,
beautiful from the inside out. She inspires me to go outdoors and experience nature. To always adventure and expose myself to as much as I can. Challenge myself. To have faith in something, trust, find something to believe in. Something to fight for. And of course, find the best in everyone.  Carrie has been my best friend for quite some time now. I love her so so much and I can actually see us being life long friends. She has the biggest heart in the entire universe. She travels the world and conquers her fears. Who wouldn't want a badass friend like that? She's seriously so amazing and I hope one day you get to meet her. I always get so sad when she tells me the country/continent she's going to next. But I'm also so happy for her cos I know its what she really wants and deserves. And she knows we'll be here waiting for her as soon as she gets back.

The next person that inspires me is actually Sherri DuPree-Bemis.

I don't know her as well as I'd like. I actually first heard of her from a girl I worked with at Barnes & Noble a few years ago. Who also happens to be her new sister in-law! Karsyn recently married into the DuPree family! I had always seen people I knew "like" her pictures on Instagram, but I had no idea who she was. Turns out she's this incredibly sweet and humble woman that lives a few blocks down from me. I met Sherri at a cafe called Tazza while Karsyn and I were catching up. After that I started listening to her band, Eisely, wowza. I spent my entire pregnancy learning every single lyric.(Don't quiz me, I have a bad memory) Even listened to them on our way home from the hospital! Anyways, Sherri inspires me cos lets just be honest, she may as well be Superwoman. She's living my dream life, with a few tweaks. She's so creative, if I could harness like half of her drawing talent I would be content. I've always loved art and took it for years in school. I was never any good, but that didn't stop me. She could dye her hair any color in the world and it would look amazing on her. She dresses her daughter insanely cute. And she still finds time to make it seem like her and her husband are in their "honeymoon stage". Who said it doesn't last forever? How does she do it all? Her house(what I've seen from pictures)looks like its from a magazine called "warm and cozy". And to top it all off, her personality is one of a kind. I really really admired her while I was pregnant, it was SO hard feeling good about how I looked while I was pregnant and Sherri just lit up. Granted, she absolutely loved being pregnant, and I was ready to pop my baby out haha. But she was just so positive and it just made me see/enjoy the remainder of my pregnancy. I was lost and felt alone and I messaged her and she was just so encouraging and ugh, she was the sweetest.

Last but not least, my family. Some of you may or may not know, I am married. I have been for two years now. My husband and I have a beautiful baby girl. These two probably inspire me the most. Olivia, you inspire me each and every day.

I'm always thinking about your future. How I want to raise you, how I want you to behave, how I want to manage things, how I want our relationship to be. You inspire me not to worry. To take life as it comes and not plan so far ahead. To just enjoy what's in front of me. Which we all know, I never do cos I worry about tomorrow. -sorry!- You inspire me to be the best mom I can be. I really am trying, baby love.

Jose, we've been through hell and back together.

I can't tell if you inspire me more or push me. ;) You make me want to be a better wife. Who knows how much longer I can say "I'm new to this" to stop an argument. You inspire me to be more positive, although I'm not sure that'll ever happen. You inspire me to be more patient. To be willing to learn. To stop being afraid. To be honest. To keep to myself. And above all, to remain myself. I'm easily influenced, and you know that more than anyone. And I just want to thank you for allowing me to experiment with different styles and mindsets, cos you know I've just been trying to find myself. I hope I'm just as accepting as you are. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment