Happy Birthday Dad!

Saturday, February 14, 2015


Okay guys, I'm just gonna let you know now that this post is going to be emotional. If you're a daddy's girl, you feel me. Today is my dad's birthday. He was born February 14th, 1975. Thomas Valentine Saenz. Nothing made me more proud growing up than having Saenz(prounounced SIGNZ) as my last name. This isn't really about my dad's birth, but more about mine, and I guess how he impacted MY life. Lets face it, I wouldn't exactly be here without him. Can I just quickly say how happy I am that I got a printer/scanner for Christmas a while back?
 My dad told me that after I was born he got a tattoo. It was a rose with our last name below it. Now that tattoo has my name above it.

I'm assuming my dad was 19-20.
My dad and I have always been close. We're buddies. At any age you could ask me who my best friend was and I wouldn't even hesitate to tell you that it was my dad.
 I spent my entire childhood with my dad, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
My dad taught me to listen to the words in a song. He taught me quality over quantity. We didn't have a lot of money growing up. My dad made me things. He made me a half pipe when I was 12 so I could skateboard in the backyard. He made me a puppet stand so I could give him a puppet show. He taught me that laughter can fix anything. He taught me that family meant everything. He taught me to stand up for myself. He taught me that I didn't have to be girly, I could dress however I wanted. That no matter what, he would accept who I was. My dad did whatever he could to make me happy.
I know now what kind of parent I want to be. I want my relationship with my daughter to be just like mine with my dad.
This is my favorite picture of my dad. My brother and I used to fight over it and hide it under our pillows. Every crease and fold shows the love we gave this photo as we held on to it.
My dad was about 26 here.
I took this photo right before we moved away. I've tried my absolute hardest to make sure it always stays with me. I still won't let my dad throw this shirt away.
Happy Birthday, Dad. I love you more than you'll ever know. 
Thank you for being the most positive influence and for helping me get through life even when it felt like my world was crumbling around me, I don't know what I would do without you.
-Bink

2 comments:

  1. aww such cute photos!! happy birthday to your dad :) id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/02/seven-little-tips-for-healthier-body.html xx

    ReplyDelete